In this article we will discuss the Prima Home Allergy Test Kit, which we see as the best allergy test for under £10 in the UK.
The last 12 months have tested us all. With the NHS being pushed to it’s limit, we have had to sometimes take our health into our own hands in order to free up valuable capacity in our doctors surgeries and hospitals. Home health testing has become a way for many of us to check if we have an underlying health condition whilst not leaving the house.
In this country, the number of people with allergies has been growing by 5% every year.Allergies are really quite common. They’re thought to affect at least 1 in 4 people in the UK at some time in their lives. Allergies are very common in children. As a child gets older, the allergy may go. However, for many allergies can be lifelong. At any time, adults can also start to show allergies to things they were not previously allergic to.
An allergen is a substance that causes an allergic reaction. In this country, some of the most common allergens are:
- Pollen from grass and trees. When you are allergic to either, it is known as hay fever (allergic rhinitis).
- dust mites
- many common foods can cause allergies, including cows’ milk, eggs, nuts, fruit and shellfish
- mould, which release small particles into the air which you breath in and cause airborne allergies
- animals and pets, such as cats
- insect bites and stings
- some medicines
- household chemicals – such as those found in hair dyes and detergents
The majority of these allergens are harmless to people who are not allergic to them.
The Best Allergy Test for Under £10
With some many potential allergens coming our way, you can imagine that allergy testing can get quite complicated. Often, trying to work out the cause of an allergy can be difficult. Getting tested for allergies is possible but often the cost of a specific test can be very high. This can be a problem. With many tests costing a small fortune sometimes, we can’t all afford to spend lots of money on allergy testing, particularly if we aren’t sure if we are testing for the right thing.
The Prima Allergy Test kit is the answer for many. For less than £10, this test will give you a quick and reliable test for allergies which you can carry out in the comfort of your own home. If you do get a positive results, you then have some evidence to take to your GP so that further tests can be carried out.
- We think that this is the best allergy test in its price band because:
- This home test detects the IgE antibodies that are produced by the body in reaction to the presence of one or several allergens.
- This test can be used for checking many common symptoms associated with allergy, such as rashes and redness on the skin, repetitive sneezing in presence of dust, allergic reaction to pets or negative reactions after eating certain foods.
- Results can be read after just 10 minutes.
- Test can be carried out on all adults, and all children over 6 years old
- Tests are shipped, same day, by Zoom Health, using Royal Mail 24 for the quickest delivery.