Bergamot Essential Oil (Citrus bergamia) 10ml
Bergamot essential oil has antibacterial, deodorising, refreshing, soothing, and uplifting properties. It is ideal for body skincare preparations and for ensuring healthy and vital skin. This oil has a fresh, citrus and slightly spicy aroma. It is powerfully refreshing and invigorating and can help maintain a balanced mood.
Bergamot oil is made from a tree that can grow up to four meters high. The citrus fruit of the tree resembles a pear-shaped cross between and orange and a lemon! The tree tree is native to South East Asia, but was introduced to Europe and particularly Italy. it is also found in Tunisia, Algeria, the Ivory Coast and Morocco.
The oil is one of the most frequently used in the perfume industry and forms, when combined with neroli and lavender, the main ingredient for the classic 4711 Eau-de-Cologne fragrance. Bergmaot is also used to flavour Earl Grey tea.
Bergamot Essential Oil can help treat: acne, cold sores, depression, eczema, external infections, gallstones, herpes, intestinal parasites, nervousness, psoriasis. It is also an antiseptic can can help sooth nerves.
Country of Origin: Italy
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Fragrance Note: Top
Plant Part: Rind and Peel
Scent: Herby, Woody
Benefits of Bergamot Essential Oil Use
- Helps relieve menopause and menstruation symptoms when used in massage
- The antiseptic effect of Bergamot can help with cystitis, urinary infections and bacterial stomach upsets
- Good for nervous anxiety and tension. Useful as an anti-depressant.
- Can help heal wounds and skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis due to it’s antiseptic properties.
- Bergamot is a good oil to help with fear and hysteria issues
How to use Bergamot Essential Oil
- Baths: blend 5-8 drops in a teaspoon of carrier oil and add to bath
- Massages: add 2-3 drops of essential oils to 1 tablespoonful of carrier oil
- Vaporisation: add 2-4 drops of essential oils to a burner, aroma stone or aroma stream