Spearmint Essential Oil (Mentha Spicata) 10ml
Our Spearmint Essential Oil is obtained by steam distillation of the leaves and flowering tops of the plant. It has a warm, spicy, herbaceous and minty aroma. Although not as popular as peppermint oil, this essential oil is much gentler for use with children.
The plant is native to Europe and Asia.
Colour: Pale Yellow
Country of Origin: China
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Fragrance Note: Top
Plant Part: Leaves and Flowering Tops
Scent: Sweet, Rich
5 Key Benefits & Uses of Spearmint Essential Oil
1. Spearmint essential oil has great benefits on the digestive system. It can be beneficial for digestion problems such as vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea and constipation.
2. On the respiratory tract, it can help to relieve cough, bronchitis, asthma, catarrh and sinus. It It can also help with migraines and headaches.
3. When you’re feeling strained and stressed, Spearmint can be a very refreshing oil.
4.This oil works well on on itchy and irritated ski. It has a cooling and soothing effect and can help to reduce redness and calm inflammation.
5. Spearmint oil can be hugely beneficial for oily, acne prone skin. Use it in a in a facial steam to help clear and cleanse skin.
Blends well with:
- Baths: 4-8 drops of oil should be blended in a teaspoon of carrier oil and added to the bath
- Massages: 2-4 drops of essential oils should be added to to 1 tablespoonful of carrier oil
- Vaporisation: 3-5 drops of essential oil should be added to a burner, aroma stone or aroma stream