One of the most important glands in your body is known as the thyroid. This vital gland can cause your body all sorts of problems when it does not work properly. Common problems can include a rapid increase or loss in weight, impaired memory and problems with menstrual flow. Infertility and miscarriage are also common problems cause by a thyroid disorder.
Home Test Kit for Thyroid (TSH)
The Prima Home Thyroid Test Kit is a quick and easy test kit that allows you to test for TSH levels at home. TSH levels in blood offer a good indicator physiological condition of the thyroid as high levels of TSH often indicate an under active thyroid. A home test for TSH is simple to conduct and takes just a few minutes to show results.
The thyroid home test kit is simple enough to use.:
1) Wash your hands before starting to test.
2) Remove the TSH test out of it’s wrapper by tearing the protective pouch at the notch.
3) Clean the end of your middle finger with the enclosed alcohol pad.
4) Draw a small amount of blood from the finger by piercing it with the lancing device. (This is honestly not as painful as it sounds – you will hardly feel a thing!)
5) Suck up the blood with the pipette and deposit the collected blood into the sample well of the test kit.
6) Add 5 drops of the diluent liquid – (this bit is important, forget this and the test won’t work!)
7) After 10 minutes the results will be available to read. A positive test will shows two lines -meaning that TSH levels are higher than normal. If you get a result like this, go and see your doctor. A negative thyroid test result will show just one line in the C mark (control) section of the test.
What Does a Negative Thyroid Test Look Like?
If the result of your sample shows a negative thyroid test result, your screening kit will only show one line which will appear in the C section of the thyroid test kit.
More About Underactive Thyroid
We’ve put together a post About Underactive Thyroid (Hypothyroidism) for your further reading. The Thyroid Test Kit from Zoom Baby is just one of our range of home health tests kits. The Zoom Health range includes a test for diabetes, a cystitis test kit and a Home Blood Group Test.