Bio-Oil Skincare Oil
Available in three bottle sizes – 60 ml, 125 ml and 200 ml
Bio-Oil is trusted by millions of people across the world for scars, stretch marks, ageing skin, dehydrated skin and uneven skin tone. A unique blend of natural plant oils and vitamins, Bio-Oil is a multiple use product that has been clinically proven(1) to help with scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, ageing skin and dehydrated skin.
Bio Oil Benefits:
- Helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone.
- Highly effective on ageing and dehydrated skin
- Can be used on the face, body and sensitive skin
- Considered by many to be a miracle oil!
- A must for pregnant women wishing to avoid stretch marks!
- Choose from three bottle sizes – 60 ml, 125 ml and 200 ml
How can Bio-Oil help you?
Scars and stretch marks are very common, in fact, on average each person has three scars(2) and half of women have stretch marks(3). 89% of pharmacists(4) recommend Bio-Oil for scar management, so whether you have an old or new scar, Bio-Oil can help reduce the appearance when used correctly.
How does Bio-Oil work?
The Bio-Oil formulation combines some of the most beneficial skincare ingredients, including vitamin A and E with Calendula, Lavender, Rosemary and Chamomile oils, plus unique to Bio-Oil, PurCellin Oil, which helps to ensure they are easily-absorbed deep into the skin where they can provide targeted treatment. PurCellin Oil also creates a dry oil which is non-greasy and easy to use.
Vitamin A helps improve the skin’s elasticity, texture and tone
Vitamin E is the most widely used antioxidant in skincare products today, increasing the moisture content of the epidermis, thereby making the skin softer, smoother and more supple. Vitamin E also assists in the maintenance of healthy-looking skin
Calendula Oil (Calendula Officinalis) is more commonly referred to as marigold, which has been used for centuries as a natural antioxidant and has the ability to clarify and stimulates the growth of new skin cells
Lavender Oil is widely known for calming and soothing benefits
Rosemary Oil helps to invigorate and it has a mild antiseptic capabilities and thus eases congestion, puffiness and swelling of the skin
Chamomile Oil has a calming and soothing effect and is particularly beneficial for sensitive skin
What the professionals say
Bio-Oil is the latest skincare product to have undergone the Skin Health Alliance’s rigorous dermatological review and been awarded their accreditation.
Bio-Oil can now proudly display the ‘dermatologically accredited’ mark to show that it has been independently verified by experts as a brand that believes in taking research seriously and promotes healthy skin.
Trusted by beauty experts
November 2012 saw a record month for Bio-Oil at the prestigious Beauty Magazine awards, winning in three categories: Best Classic Body Product, Best Classic Health & Wellbeing Product and Best Classic Overall Product.
Voted for by you
Pregnancy & Birth asked their readers to vote for their best beauty buys that help them feel really pampered, looked after and special during pregnancy. 1 in 3 chose Bio-Oil as their ‘Best Stretch Mark Miracle’, making it a clear winner in its category.
How to apply Bio-Oil
Bio-Oil can be used on the face and body and is suitable for all skin types. To gain the best results, it should be applied to the affected area:
- Twice daily
- Massaging in a circular motion, until fully absorbed
- For a recommended minimum period of 3 months
Bio-Oil can be used alongside other skincare products as part of your daily skincare routine, but it should not be mixed with other products before application.
When using Bio-Oil as part of an overall grooming routine:
- Apply it to cleansed skin
- Allow it to be adsorbed for 2-3 minutes before applying other products
- Use Bio-Oil in conjunction with an effective sunscreen, as Bio-Oil does not contain a sun protection factor
What’s your skin complaint?
Scars: If you have visible scarring and feel it affects your self-confidence, as over a third(5) of women do, Bio-Oil’s unique formulation helps to improve the appearance of scars. It can be used on new (once wound has healed) and old scars such as surgery, accidents, burns, insect bites, scratches and chickenpox.
Stretch Marks: Bio-Oil can be used during pregnancy to help keep skin moisturised and reduce the possibility of stretch marks forming, whilst also helping to improve the appearance of stretch marks gained during periods of rapid weight gain or loss.
Uneven Skin Tone: Bio-Oil can also be used for uneven skin tone, caused by hormonal fluctuations, skin lighteners or excessive sun exposure.
Ageing Skin: Bio-Oil helps smooth and moisturise ageing, sagging and wrinkled skin on both the face and body. Alongside the ingredient, PurCellin Oil, Bio-Oil also includes Vitamin A, which helps improve the skin’s elasticity, texture and tone and Vitamin E, which increases the moisture content of the epidermis, making the skin softer, smoother and more supple. Another key ingredient is Chamomile Oil, which has a calming and soothing effect and is particularly beneficial for sensitive skin.
Dehydrated Skin: Bio-Oil helps replenish the skin’s natural oils, stripped away by factors such as extreme weather, water with high chemical content, frequent bathing and the drying effects of central heating and air-conditioning. Try massaging into dry patches such as nail cuticles, dry elbows and heels for targeted relief. Bio-Oil is enriched with Vitamin E to protect against dehydration and Vitamin A to keep skin supple and smooth. Bio-Oil skincare expert Kirsty Mawhinney says, ‘You can use Bio-Oil all over your body, including on the face, to provide daily protection and to perfect your skin.
- proDERM instate for applied dermatological research, Hamburg, Germany 2010 (Scars: 92% of subjects exhibited an improvement in appearance at 8 weeks; Stretch Marks: 100% of the subjects exhibited an improvement in the appearance at 8 weeks) Photobiology Laboratory of the Medical University of South Africa, 2005(Pigmentation/uneven skin tone: 93% of subjects exhibited an improvement in appearance at 6 weeks)
- Survey of 3,000 UK men and women, OnePoll, March 2010
- 49%, PPCR research June 2010
- survey of 200 pharmacists commissioned by Bio-Oil, September 2011
- 38%, Survey of 7000 UK women for the ‘Bio-Oil Body Confidence Report’, March 2012