Cinnamon Essential Oil (Cinnamomum Zeyylancium) 10ml
In stock (can be backordered)
The Cinnamon tree is a bushy evergreen that grows up to 15 metres tall. The leaves of the plant are used to make this oil. They are picked and then left to dry before the oil is extracted. Our Zoom Health cinnamon essential oil is sourced from India and is extracted by steam distillation of the leaves. A wooden still (which may hold up to 200kg of leaves) is often used for this.
Cinnamon essential oil (cinnamomum zeylanicum) is renowned for it’s excellent cleansing and strong antiseptic benefits. It also has excellent anti-fungal, anti-viral, bactericidal, energising, stimulating, uplifting and warming properties.
Colour: Burnt Orange
Country of Origin: India
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Fragrance Note: Middle to Base
Plant Part: Leaf
Scent: Musky, Spicy, Warm, Hot
5 Benefits of Cinnamon Essential Oil
1. Many digestive ailments can be successfully treated with cinnamon oil. It’s anti-spasmodic benefits can help treat colic, cramps, diarrhoea, flatulence, hiccups, nausea and stomach ache.
2 When combined with Clary Sage, this oil can help ease menstrual cramps.
3. Cinnamon has a warming effect on the skin but must always be very well diluted (1-2% max) as otherwise it could be an irritant. When used in massage, it can improve circulation and help with the symptoms of rheumatism.
4 The warming effect of the oil also means that it can ease the discomfort and chills that are associated with colds and flu.
5. When vaporised, cinnamon essential oil has a warming and comforting effect. It makes a lovely room fragrance, especially at Christmas. Combine cinnamon, clove and orange oil to make a lovely winter fragrance.
Blends well with:
- Baths: 5-8 drops of oil should be blended in a teaspoon of carrier oil and added to the bath
- Massages: 2-3 drops of essential oils should be added to to 1 tablespoonful of carrier oil
- Vaporisation: 2-4 drops of essential oil should be added to a burner, aroma stone or aroma stream